Introducing the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016: e-Learning edition (Level 1)
It has been a long wait but finally 2022 marks the year when renting in Wales will change for almost all tenants and landlords. The Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 comes into force on 1st December 2022. But what does that mean for those who are renting and what changes are to be expected?
Introducing the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 (Level 1)
This e-learning course is designed to highlight key changes that this revolutionary piece of legislation has brought and provides the foundation for all your future learning on the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016.
• A brief exploration of the background to the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 and its journey before coming into force
• An explanation of the main changes and differences between the current system and the new regime
• A broad look at occupation contracts including an explanation of the various types of terms on which they will be built i.e. Key matters, fundamental terms, supplementary terms and additional terms
• The major changes for joint contract holders
• Fitness for human habitation requirements
• Ending contracts
• New rules on succession
• New rules on abandonment
This course is essential for:
Anyone working in housing adjacent roles who needs to know what changes have happened but who are not directly responsible for advising people in the private or social rented sectors.