Domestic Abuse Homelessness Rights and options
Domestic Abuse – Housing Rights and Options
It is well documented that understanding housing options and rights is often crucial to supporting victims of domestic abuse to exercise their rights in a housing context.
This 1 day course delivered by specialist advisers at Shelter Cymru, will cover options available under housing law to both owner-occupiers and tenants, whether married, cohabiting or in a civil partnership. The training will be delivered online in an interactive and informal format, with many opportunities to put learning into practice throughout the day.
The course includes:
• Overview of occupation status and legal rights of owner occupiers, tenants and licensees
• Rights under marriage/civil partnership
• Options to pursue legal remedies even after leaving the home
• links with housing and homelessness legislation
Following the training, learners will be:
• more confident in advising on options available and the pros and cons in various situations
• able to signpost for specialist advice with confidence