Preventing Homelessness – Sustaining Occupation Contracts e-Learning edition (Level 2)
There has been a broad move by local authorities and registered social landlords to stop evictions into homelessness. But how does this work in practice? Early intervention, support and a clear understanding of the steps which can be taken up to and including court proceedings will be essential considerations for the modern day housing practitioner.
This course aims to give learners the information and understanding to be able to confidently assist and advise people facing possession action – whether it is at an early stage or at a crisis point. Delegates will gain an understanding of when to refer to specialist advisers and why, as well as the ability to take action to assist and give the best opportunity of defeating a claim for possession or prevent an eviction.
This course will include:
• brief overview of security of tenure under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016
• understanding a notice seeking possession and checking it’s validity
• early intervention (homelessness triggers and pressure points)
• review of Pre-action Protocols
• detailed analysis of possession procedures
• technical and substantive defences
This course is for:
Community Landlords, Tenancy Sustainment Officers, Housing Support Workers, Housing and Non-housing advisers.