Renting Homes (Wales) Act – A guide for support workers (Level 1)
If you would like to book this course, please contact:
Support workers often find themselves in the position of needing to know a little something about everything! And with the introduction of the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016, that need has become even greater.
For those support workers assisting people in housing needs, they will need the right amount of knowledge about the way renting in Wales works, both in the Private and Social sectors.
This course is intended to cover the main changes introduced by the RHWA as experienced by the clients your team are supporting. Completion of this course will provide you with the confidence to explain the main changes and the practical knowledge of when and where referrals need to be made.
This course covers:
• The differences in contracts between the private and social sectors
• The main differences between the new and the old renting regime
• Understanding occupation contracts (Fundamental, supplemental and additional terms)
• Landlord obligations (Fitness for human habitation and other statutory obligations)
• Prohibited Conduct (ASB, DV)
• Checking the validity of notices
This course is for:
This is a foundation course ideal for support workers, people working in housing adjacent roles within support organisations, generic advisers.