Universal Credit and housing costs
The welfare benefits landscape has shifted dramatically in the wake of Universal Credit. Claimants and landlords are having to adjust to an entirely new regime of receiving money for living expenses, housing costs or both. It’s no wonder this topic is never far from the news!
By placing the client experience front and centre, Shelter Cymru’s Universal Credit and Housing Costs course will provide learners with the knowledge and know-how that they need to navigate the complexities of DWP’s flagship reform.Course includes:
- Detailed exploration of Universal Credit from claims to payment and beyond
- Calculating UC – Understanding the elements that build a UC award
- Assessment periods and changes in circumstances
- Work allowances and Capital
- Alternative payment arrangements – identifying and assisting vulnerable tenants
- Sanctions and Conditionality
- Transitional payments
- Housing costs and different tenures
- UC claimants and rent arrears
This course is a must for:
Anyone that advises and/or supports residents to access benefits or maintain their tenancies.