Renting Homes (Wales) Act – In Brief
Sold out! Please contact [email protected] to discuss future similar events.
2022 is a momentous year for renters in Wales. When the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 comes into force, very little of the old renting regimes will apply to people in Wales. With such broad sweeping changes, it’s essential that you and your teams are aware of which aspects of the law around renting will be altered in order to focus future learning around the aspects of the Act which directly apply to you and the services you provide.
This webinar style briefing will highlight the key changes which will come into force on December 1st 2022. It will provide details of the changes in brief, and is intended to raise awareness for staff in housing adjacent roles or those commissioning further, more in-depth training for staff directly involved in supporting or advising renters.
• A brief exploration of the background to the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 and its journey before coming into force
• An explanation of the main changes and differences between the current system and the new regime
• A broad look at occupation contracts including an explanation of the various types of terms on which they will be built i.e. Key matters, fundamental terms, supplementary terms and additional terms
• The major changes for joint contract holders
• Fitness for human habitation requirements
• Ending contracts
• New rules on succession
• New rules on abandonment
• Additional aspects of the Act which are already in force i.e. Renting Homes Amendment (Wales) Bill, Renting Homes (Fees Etc.) Wales Act 2019
This course is for:
People working in housing who might not be directly involved in supporting or advising tenants, team leaders or managers responsible for booking training for their teams, local authority commissioners, support workers, non-specialist advice workers.
Please be aware that sessions will be recorded for use at a later date. For the most part, the recording will only feature the speaker and the presentation, however, there may be short sections in which the gallery of attendees will be featured.
If you object to being filmed, please contact [email protected].