Sold out! Please contact email@example.com to discuss future similar events.
Introducing the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016
It has been a long wait but finally 2022 marks the year when renting in Wales will change for almost all tenants and landlords. The Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 comes into force on 15th July 2022. But what does that mean for those who are renting and what changes are to be expected?
This introductory course is designed to highlight key changes that this revolutionary piece of legislation will bring and provides the foundation for all your future learning on the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016.
• A brief exploration of the background to the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 and its journey before coming into force
• An explanation of the main changes and differences between the current system and the new regime
• A broad look at occupation contracts including an explanation of the various types of terms on which they will be built i.e. Key matters, fundamental terms, supplementary terms and additional terms
• The major changes for joint contract holders
• Fitness for human habitation requirements
• Ending contracts
• New rules on succession
• New rules on abandonment
• Additional aspects of the Act which are already in force i.e. Renting Homes Amendment (Wales) Bill, Renting Homes (Fees Etc.) Wales Act 2019
This course is essential for:
Anyone involved in assisting or supporting tenants in the rented sector, local authority housing options staff, housing association staff, housing officers, support workers, advice workers.
This is a half day course.