- Extends the minimum notice from two months to six months;
- No notice until six months after occupation date of contract
- No notices ‘just in case’ – 6 months prohibition from serving notice at expiry of last one
- No notice during fixed term to end contract at the end of the fixed term
- No landlord ‘break clauses’ in standard contracts of less than 24 months’.
- No activation of ‘break clauses’ until month 18 of fixed term
- Notice period of six months under landlord ‘break clause’
- Regulatory powers to amend the Act
Listen to the audio for this lesson below.