Section 7 and Schedule 2 set out which types of agreements do not come within the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016.
A tenancy or a licence is excluded if:-
- The proposed contract holder is under the age of 18 – s7 (6)
- None of the proposed contract holders is an individual e.g. a company – s7 (2)
- Rent or other consideration is not payable under the occupation contract unless it confers the right to occupy the dwelling as a home on and the landlord has given notice to say it is an occupation contract
- Holiday lets, care institution, temporary expedience or shared accommodation
- Business tenancies under L and T 1954, 1977 Rent Act Tenancy, armed forces accommodation and direct access accommodation*
- Accommodation under homeless duties is not an occupation contract unless the authority has accepted a section 75 duty*
- Supported accommodation*
Listen to the audio for this lesson below.